This is another atrocity to add to the war, and one that was unknown to me.

While it was true that many were members of the Nazi party, by mid-1933 it was the only party allowed in Germany. If one wanted a job, a career, study in university, or almost anything else in civil society, one had to join the party.

Since Jews only formed about 5% of Germans, most of the other 95% could join, unlike the Marxist-Leninist communists, who limited themselves to no more than 10% of the population.

For me, those who joined in 1933 onward had no choice, those who joined before did.

San Francisco native, lived mostly in the Bay Area, spent time being a hippie, a real estate broker, residence hotel manager, living in the country, life is goo

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store